A caring collaborative model for a baby brand
Liena creates and produces luxury handmade Belgian baby crochet wear.
Owner Rita Lauwerier turned her hobby into a business with a set of convictions to do the right thing.
Collaboration and taking care of the planet is definitely at the heart of her convictions.
As a solo entrepreneur, she launched a brand platform in close collaboration with others.
That collaboration already starts in the creation phase of her baby products. The collections are created together with her clients and based upon a simple set of convictions:
- all items are created on demand, in small quantities and at a fixed price.
- No overstock but all items are produced in limited editions.
- No seasonal items but all year fabrics and colours.
- Highly customizable products to emphasis the differentiation in tastes and fully adapted to the wishes of her clients.
- Finally all materials are produced in utterly caring sustainable fabrics.
Once the creations are ready, all products are produced in Belgium by a fix team of crocheting ladies. Over the years Rita has built a community of crocheting ladies with whom she closely collaborates.
Rita’s collaborative character can even be found in the way she displays her products. She shares a showroom with other brands.
This gives her the possibility to share best practices with these other entrepreneurs.
A beautiful small and local example of a brands that shows that caring for others in close collaboration with likeminded people can work in business.